Activate Microsoft Office 2010
Is your quest for Microsoft Office 2010 product key, Office 2010 Professional Plus key or Office 14? Office 14 or Microsoft Office 2010 remains an edition of the Microsoft Office productivity suite for Windows. It is the predecessor to Office 2013 and designed to replace Office 2007. In office 2010, you will discover well-designed user interface improvements that help to understand the system professionally.
A Backstage view is a prominent feature of this product and helps to facilitate document management projects in a given location of the system. In Office 2007, the ribbon was introduced for Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel and Access which remains the key user interface for every application and completely personalized in Microsoft Office 2010.
Some amazing new and innovative features you can find in this product are co-authoring, extended file format support, simultaneously edit documents, SharePoint integration, OneDrive and security enhancements. To protect users from potential content attack, the security enhancements of the system come with great features like isolated sandbox environment, a read-only and Protected View.
How to Activate Office.com/setup 2010 Windows and Mac
In most cases, you will find yourself stuck in the middle of nowhere while trying to download activate or install Office 2010 for Windows and Mac on your personal computer. Even though it may pose a challenge to you, activating Office 2010 for Windows and Mac should not be a problem anymore when you can follow a few steps to achieve your goal. In this piece, you are going to learn how to download, install and activate Office 2010 in a few simple steps as explained below.
Steps to download Office 2010
Before you start, make sure that you have your Microsoft Office 2010 product key, enough data storage available on the computer and a USB or an external drive (for download). Once you have all the necessary requirements, take the following steps into account to download Microsoft Office 2010:
- First of all, you need to enter the product key, which is a 25-character that comes along with the product purchase in the field that will be provided for you. You should keep in your mind that this product needs the valid product activation key for the purpose of downloading Office 2010.
- Scroll to click on the download link in order to initiate the download process.
Steps to install the Office 2010
Before you start the installation procedure, you must make sure that your personal computer meets all the system requirements such as:
- It has a processor with 500 MHz or higher
- 256 MB of Random Access Memory ( RAM), but 512 MB is recommended in this case
- Disk space of at least 3.5GB
- Windows XP SP3 (which supports 32-bit Office only), Vista SP1, Window-7, the server 2003, and the server 2008.
Step 1: After inserting the CD, there will be a prompt showing “click Run SETUP.EXE”
Step 2: You need to enter the 25-character product key displayed on the MSU CD casing followed by clicking on Continue.
Step 3: Select the “I accept the terms of this agreement box” after which you will click Continue to go to the other steps.
Step 4: In this step, you have two options to choose from. You can either Install Now or choose Customize. When you click Install Now, installation of the Office 2010 will start immediately on your Windows drive.
Step 5: At this point, everything is complete. You can now access your newly installed Microsoft 2010.
Activate Office.com/setup 2010
Also, the product key is important here when activating Office 2010. When activating online, you can use the following steps:
- You can click File then go to Help Option after which proceed to Activate Product Key. But when you fail to see the Activate Product Key button, it is likely that your software is activated and you need not do anything further.
- Go to the Activation Wizard and follow the steps highlighted there.
- When activating through the Internet with a slow connection, you can opt to activate via the phone although this option is not supported that much.
In most cases, the Office 2010 license authorizes you to reinstall Office on the same PC while some licenses give an option of activating Office on one or more computers. But if it happens that you receive a message informing that you installed office.com/setup 2010 too many times, you can use a telephone option found in the Activation Wizard to reach out to the support technician for help.
Uninstalling the Microsoft Office 2010
There are numerous reasons why you would want to remove Office 2010 from your computer. Some of the reasons might include having problems with the program hence the need to clean the program. Apart from that, you could be switching to another program or a different model office like Office 2013, or simply, you could be transferring the program to use it on a new program.
Whatever the case, the steps highlighted below will help you achieve your goal:
1. Using Control Panel to Uninstall
This step is recommended if you are using Windows 10, Windows 8 or 8.1 and Windows 7 operating systems. Therefore, you can uninstall Office 2010 through
The following steps:
- Enter Control Panel on the start menu
- Select Programs>Programs and Features.
- Then right-click on your Office product to select Uninstall
- Follow instructions displayed on the screen to help uninstall Office 2010 successfully.
2. Uninstall Office using easy fix tool
- Click on the “Download” box to start uninstallation process.
- Select your browser (Edge or Internet Explorer, Chrome or Firefox)
- Select Open to go to 015CTRRemove.diagcab file
- Click on Save>Open Folder
- Double-click the file that starts with “015CTRRemove” to enable you run easy fix tool
- Once the Uninstall Microsoft Office 2010 wizard launches, choose Next to follow the prompts
- You will see Uninstallation successful on the screen after which you will follow the prompt and then restart the computer to finish this process completely.
3. Uninstall Office Manually
You can use this option if the easy fix does not uninstall Office completely from your computer. Here are the steps you will need to follow:
- Remove the remaining Windows installer package of Microsoft Office-2010 system
- Stop all the Office 2010 source engine services
- Get rid of any Microsoft Office 2010 remaining installation folders
- Then remove any remaining Office 2010 files for installations and the registry sub-keys
- Restart the computer to finish the uninstallation process
If you want to reinstall Office 10, you need to do two things which are the installation files as well as the product key. You can get the product key by downloading it from either www.office.com/setup or office.com/setup and then download Office 2010 to enter the 25-character product key for the activation process.
Other Microsoft Office 2013 related issues
There are many issues that arise from Microsoft Office 13 starting with office documents opening slower due to the internal factors which could be a virus attack or low disk space. In addition to that, you may experience windows screen flickering or flashing when you log in.
Cases of failing to find Office applications when Windows has undergone an upgrade are also common with Office 2013. Still, on the upgrading, you are likely to experience printing issues and office apps display too large or too small on the monitor. On top of that, you may encounter blurry texts in the Office Applications.
Essentially, Office 2010 is an important tool that will help you operate your Windows and Mac with ease while executing various operations. It is readily available and you can follow simple steps to download, install and activate for use immediately. Even though you may encounter a few issues here and there with Office 2010, the fact remains that it is one of the best options for your Windows and Mac in your home or office.